Friday, 4 March 2011

Labour Slackers Beware!

Thanks to Hopi Sen for directing me to the new Univeristy of Nottingham politics blog Ballots and Bullets from Abraham Lincoln's quote:

"Ballots are the rightful and peaceful succesors to bullets."

Let's hope the Libyan people get some ballots after the current bullets.

Philip Cowley's post yesterday Labour Slackers Beware is well worth a read, click here. He looks at new Parliamentary Labour Party (PLP) rules and concludes:

'The aim of these reforms, though, is to try to make it easier for the Chief Whip to target the PLP’s slackers and free-riders.'

Sounds good to me.

5 comments:

  1. If butts are to be kicked, maybe the Thanet Labour party might be a good starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ex[perience is that most Thanet Labour councillors are very hard working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So no prizes for guessing which one(s) isn't/aren't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No prizes? Shame, I could I won that one easily! I would put her name here but chances are my comment wouldn't get published...

    Mark, I admire your tenacity but you are far too loyal to your party for your own good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suppose it depends on what one means by the party. The Labour party proper, to which I belief Mark belongs and supports, or Labour in Thanet

    ReplyDelete