Friday, 3 September 2010

Blog Award and Back from Break


Many thanks to everybody who voted for me in the Total Politics Top Councillor blogs run by leading Conservative blogger Iain Dale. I am delighted to have been voted Number 7 in the Top 30 councillors section. Last year I was surprised to be voted in the Top 100 Labour blogs having only blogged for a few months. I'm the highest new entry to this section - the only way is down!
Whilst this is my blog I would be unable to produce so many entries without the help of many others. Every one of my fellow Thanet Labour councillors has featured at some stage, and I greatly appreciate all the tips, advice and snippets of news they provide. Several have featured with guests posts from Clive Hart, John Watkins and Iris Johnston especially appreciated. I am also assisted by several other people who do not seek recognition, but often help out with research or provide me with information that is best in the public domain, even though they choose to remain anonymous. I welcome information and always protect my sources.
I have just had a month's break from blogging. Two weeks holiday and then two weeks harvesting. Picking, preparing and freezing beans, plums, raspberries, rhubarb, beetroot and all the other bounty is the highlight of a vegetable gardener's year. As the nights start to draw in I'll be posting more again.
Thank you again to all my readers and especially those of you who kindly took the time to vote for me, it is very much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Well done. I don't always agree with your views but you run a good blogspot.

    ReplyDelete