Monday, 7 September 2009

RAMSGATE'S FASTEST EVER TRAIN STARTS SERVICE

A new dawn broke over Ramsgate train station this morning as the cliche goes. I boarded the 6am first ever High Speed 1 train to London St. Pancras and the train display showed Canterbury West for the first time as a high speed destination.

Labour's, Steve Ladyman MP posed for photographs between Cllr. Roger Latchford and Cllr. Sandy Ezekiel, Deputy Leader and Leader of tanet district Council. Regrettably, Roger Latchford was in a grouchy and bad tempered mood on this great day for Ramsgate and Thanet.



The journey flew by and I file this post from St. Pancras station where there is free w-fi throughout.

Several members of the press were present at Ramsgate. A great Labour government achievement for Thanet.

5 comments:

  1. Thats Happy by Latchford standards

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently moved to Ramsgate, & these High-Speed trains are going to wake my children up! So I urge everyone to join S.H.1.T., the Stop High-Speed 1 Train group, blog follows shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More fool you s.h.1.t., you must have known these trains were comming when you moved. And 6 in the morning is trivial compared to jumbos and the like flying at night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It should be really good for Thanet. If you live by the trains you soon get used to them, I agree with the previous blog. We all knew it was coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think S.H.I.T is taking the proverbial regarding the High Speed Train

    ReplyDelete