Friday, 26 June 2009

TIME TO HONOUR OUR ARMED FORCES


Tomorrow is Armed Forces Day. You can find out about it on the website here. Today I attended Steve Ladyman MP's Annual reception to honour
our local Armed Forces veterans. Dave Green looked very impressive in full Mayoral regalia. My fellow ward councillor Liz Green as a County and District Councillor, and now also Ramsgate Mayoress will surely be the busiest representative in Kent in the coming year. Liz may not have stood for the Town Council, but she has been effecively "co-opted!" Liz works very hard already so I expect Dave will be "solo" at some events when her other commitments clash. There were a number of other Ramsgate and Thanet councilors present.
It is good to listen to those who have served us. I spent most of my time with two men who had served in Korea and Malaya, conflicts that are often forgotten.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them.

No comments:

Post a Comment