Wednesday, 4 February 2009

QUIZ, JAZZ, POTATOES, SEEDS & VALENTINE'S DAY

I admire how many other Thanet bloggers provide ongoing details of things to do locally. I am not going to try and imitate them but here are a few things I hope to do.

This week the locally produced musical show 2027 which has had great local press coverage is on at the Granville Theatre , Ramsgate until Saturday.

At the weekend 7/8 February will see me heading to Wyevale to buy some seed potatoes as they are having a Potato Weekend. I’m contemplating growing some in the greenhouse to get extra earlies, I did it a couple of years ago and they were ready in April. I stick to earlier varieties to avoid any possibility of blight. With Ramsgate having the best climate in the country, it allows me to get in a second crop later in the season on the same ground of beetroot, parsley, sorrel and borage.

Monday 9th February I will be at the Ramsgate Labour Party meeting filling the remaining vacancies for Town Council candidates. I am not standing.

Tuesday 10th February Christ Church Ramsgate are having a pub meal and question time at the Foy Boat on the sea front.

Wednesday 11th February I will be celebrating the end of the 15 days celebrating Chinese New Year of 4707 with the Lantern Festival. My best Xmas present this year was a set of Chinese lanterns, they are great fun to light and release into the sky, especially at night. It’s the Year of the Ox.

Friday 13th February Christ Church, Vale Square has a Jazz evening featuring Norman Setchell and his band . Ticket price £5 - bring your own food - atmosphere, coffee and mints provided! People could order for a takeaway to be delivered (providing they pay for it when it arrives!)
Valentine’s Day 14th February No romantic lie in it’s up early to go to the seed swap at Whitstable Farmer’s Market. I was very sad when Garden Organic closed their Yalding gardens, near Maidstone as the seed swap there was a brilliant day out. I am always looking for different types of beans to grow. Will have to sort out which seeds the mice didn’t get to this winter.

In the evening Dr. Trevor Clarke’s fiendish quiz night is at Christ Church, Vale Square, Ramsgate 7pm for 7.30. Ploughman's and the best selection of desserts in Kent. Show someone you love them by indulging them with masses of the most mouth watering naughty but nice things, it is Valentine’s after all! Tickets adults £5, under 18's £2.50

Tickets for all Christ Church events and the Foy Boat meal from Peter Tizzard 01843 853732.

No comments:

Post a Comment