Sunday, 11 January 2009

SAVE OUR PARK

Since becoming a councillor for Northwood Ward, Thanet District Council in May 2007 the state of Coleman Crescent Recreation Area has been a recurring problem. Thousands of people drive by on Margate Road every day. I often find myself having to explain where it is (from Ramsgate as you go under the railway viaduct, come up the hill and it is on your left before you get to the lights). The entrance is not advertised so if you blink you miss it.

Local residents have consistently tried to improve it but the Council's response has been poor. Together with local residents I recently publicised the state of the park in Your Thanet

As well as local residents, I am pleased to have the support of my fellow ward councillor (and also Kent County Councillor) Liz Green, plus Steve Ladyman MP for Thanet South. You can see them interviewed about the state of the park

I will be meeting again with local residents to keep up the campaign so parents can let their children play freely without having to worry about anti-social behaviour, needles and dog mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment