Saturday, 24 January 2009

PROGRESSIVE LONDON - OBAMA IS COMING

Work takes me to the Progressive London Conference at the TUC. It is a bit of a Ken Livingstone love in. I am wearing a 20 year old "pre-Blair" tie with the Liberty logo, that goes down well. Went to an excellent session on Public Services where Stephen Cowan, Leader of the Opposition Hammersmith Labour Group told terrible stories of the Tories cutting services and selling assets.

The significance being that David Cameron has appointed the Conservative Council leader to be his top advisor on Local Government. More on this in the future.

Very interesting session on blogging inspires me to post live for the first time!

Most inspiring moment of the day is Harriet Harman's announcement that Barack Obama is coming to London on 1st April - must see what I can do with my diary...

No comments:

Post a Comment